Here are mentioned 8 types of Facebook friends one should keep.
1. The friend who is always the first to post every link. You know they just want attention and validation and to be lauded as the first person to find everything on the interweb. I don’t care about their issues, I just use their Facebook page as my own personal RSS feed. Think of all the time you’ll save browsing!
2. The popular kids from high school. For some reason, lots of the popular kids from high school friended me on Facebook.I think they were just friending everyone. I accepted all of their requests because I’m over the fact that I wasn’t the coolest back in the day. I like seeing how the popular kids’ lives turned out. All I’ll say is this: I think being a theater dork served me well.
3. The friend who works really hard on every Facebook status update. They are most likely a comedian of some sort. You can almost smell how hard they are trying to get a laugh. Every status update is a joke in training. Most of them are bombs, but when they hit it … they hit it.
4. The guy who works with celebrities. An ex-coworker of mine is now the photo editor for a gossip mag and he’s always posting exclusive outtakes! This is what I do on my lunch break.
5. The person with inside gossip about politics. Sometimes I read about what happens at a press conference on Facebook before I see it in the newspaper, which makes me feel like a political genius.
6. The girl who works in PR. Sure, you get an invitation from her at least once a week to an event you would never, ever attend and that’s annoying, but if you sift through the shit, sometimes you can get into movie screenings, food tastings, and parties for free. It’s totally worth all the Facebook spam.
7. The person who writes crazy religious fire-and-brimstone, condemnatory postings. I have a token religious crazy. I’m not even sure how I became friends with him. But I wouldn’t dare unfriend him at this point. He is so God damn (yes, I purposefully took the Lord’s name in vain) entertaining to a heathen like me.
8. The major drama queen. I definitely keep a few of them on my friend list because every other post is “Why can’t I catch a break?!” or “Worst day ever!!!” and it makes me feel better about my life.