A member of the Coast Guard said late Monday that 29 people remain missing from the 16 previously thought. In the new list, there are 14 Germans, six Italians, four Frenchmen, two Americans, a Hungarian, a Peruvian and an Indian.
“This is not an easy task on a ship as large and complex, “said Giuseppe Minciotti, director of the Italian School for first responders in caves and who leads a rescue unit from Vicenza.” There are many things moving, furniture, beds, and closets. It is very dangerous and we must be very careful, “he said in an interview on a ferry that was returning to the island of Giglio.
Until now officially six bodies were found, although sources claims that are actually seven, since there would be another body which has been sighted but could not be removed. This version was not confirmed by the Coast Guard.